Monday, March 9, 2009

Thinking of the Future

        As I do from time to time, I sit and dream of things to come.  Tonight is not much different in that aspect.  I am currently resting my body from an exercise cycle (but mainly a fall in a creek on a hike) and the unspent energy gives my mind to wander to and from various places.  For the past hour or so I have been savoring thoughts of relationships I have with people and busily weaving plans for warm weather adventures.
I have also reflected on my recent stroke of good fortune.  Time with Beka, finding a surprisingly delightful four legged companion, and the breaking of the colder weather.  I truly have had a good run of late.
Like most thoughts in my head though, they don't really stay long.  Rather they are very similar to a breeze, remaining there long enough to make you smile and then moving on.  This is not to say that pleasant thoughts are ceasing, merely surfacing long enough for me to meditate.  I really need to avoid injury this summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment